At Kanzu Code we believe in the power of tech to radically transform lives. We are a software development company that powers businesses by creating world-class web and mobile applications for their needs and helping them build high performing, distributed software engineering teams. Over the years we have helped our clients in telecommunications, publishing, finance, manufacturing and industry, tourism and insurance to serve over 600,000 customers.
About the role
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for helping Kanzu Code’s software engineers successfully engage and deliver value to our clients. Our engineers primarily work remotely on various products across industries and across technology stacks. Your role is to be the two-way bridge between our clients and the engineers, translating requirements into user stories or tasks and reviewing the finished work before presenting it back to the client, all within agreed time and budget. With your knowledge of business, software engineering best practices, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make product delivery and support a delightful experience. You’ll get to work with a talented team and driven leadership all laser-focused on the mission of empowering businesses globally using tech and helping other local entities do the same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source for new work or projects, while engaging clients, and secure growth opportunities
- Coordinate engineering resources for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Liaise with engineering team to develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage relationships with clients and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
A bit about you:
- At least 3 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Preferably an educational background in the fields of Business or Business administration, Management, Computer Science, IT or Engineering.
- Good technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships