At Kanzu Code we believe in the power of tech to radically transform lives. We are a software development company that powers businesses by creating world-class web and mobile applications for their needs and helping them build high performing, distributed software engineering teams. Over the years we have helped our clients in telecommunications, publishing, finance, manufacturing and industry, tourism and insurance to serve over 600,000 customers.
About the role
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for helping Kanzu Code’s software engineers successfully engage and deliver value to our clients. Our engineers primarily work remotely on various products across industries and across technology stacks. Your role is to be the two-way bridge between our clients and the engineers, translating requirements into user stories or tasks and reviewing the finished work before presenting it back to the client, all within agreed time and budget. With your knowledge of business, software engineering best practices, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make product delivery and support a delightful experience. You’ll get to work with a talented team and driven leadership all laser-focused on the mission of empowering businesses globally using tech and helping other local entities do the same.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfacing with the client to understand their business as well as their goals and vision for the product being designed built and supported by Kanzu Code.
- Clarify project scope, write functional specifications and plan project schedule and budget.
- Working with the team to decompose high-level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve the specific coding.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that the work being submitted to the client follows Kanzu Code’s coding standards as well as meets the letter and spirit of the assigned task.
- Regular communication with our clients, gathering feedback and updating on progress.
- Work with internal teams to ensure work is successfully implemented and delivered on time.
- Gather and coordinate resources, information and content necessary to keep project execution flowing smoothly.
- Conduct project reviews and put in place improvement plans.
- Be involved in design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of software for the various projects.
- Serve as a strategic partner for clients and as a subject matter liaison in the areas of software development.
- Expose potential growth opportunities for both product and services offerings with existing clients.
A bit about you:
- At least 4 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques.
- Have a good grasp of key software engineering principles and best practices like version control, test-driven development and SOLID principles.
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English both verbal and written)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have strong leadership skills.
Application Deadline: August 26, 2020