About Kanzu CodeWe believe in the power of tech to radically transform lives. We are a software development company that powers businesses by creating world-class web and mobile applications for their needs and helping them build high-performing, distributed software engineering teams. Over the years, we’ve helped our clients in telecommunications, publishing, finance, manufacturing & industry, tourism and insurance serve over 600,000 customers.About the roleAs a Software Engineer at Kanzu Code, you will work on a variety of challenging and rewarding solutions for customers all over the world, from a banking solution that eases the life of financial institutions, to another that makes it easier for financial providers to achieve interoperability, to a ground-breaking website builder, to a platform changing the lives of farmers across the continent. You’ll build great web interfaces, create APIs to simplify how our apps work and interact with different stacks for different tasks – that even has a ring to it doesn’t it?
Our engineers primarily work remotely on various products across industries and across technology stacks. This is you if you are big on getting the little details just right, have both excellent technical skills and team skills and can effectively operate in a remote team. You are also incredibly passionate about growing as a software engineer.
You’ll get to work with a talented team and driven leadership all laser-focused on the mission of empowering businesses globally using tech and helping other local entities do the same.
Duties & responsibilities
- Define and deliver software that meets and exceeds the expectations of your team, supervisors, and our clients
- Develop readable, testable, and maintainable code to spec
- Commitment to continued technical and professional growth
- Interfacing with clients to understand their business, goals, and vision for products
- If you are supervising a team:
- Prioritizing the work that your team is responsible for to ensure that you’re always working on the highest value work
- Perform code reviews & give technical guidance to ensure that the work being submitted to the client follows Kanzu Code’s coding standards as well as meets the letter and spirit of the assigned task
- Working with the team to decompose high-level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high-level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
A bit about you
- Have at least 3 years of experience working in software development writing code for web or mobile applications
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Are a strong problem solver
- Have a good grasp of key software engineering principles & best-practices such as version control, test-driven development and SOLID principles.
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019